Read-only Git Access
git clone git://git.osuosl.org/gitolite/ganeti/ganeti_webmgr
Commit access requires an account on our gitolite server. We must submit patches and establish a relationship with us prior to being granted commit access.
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:ganeti/ganeti_webmgr
- master - Releases only.
- develop - Mostly stable development branch. Small changes only. It is acceptable that this branch have bugs, but should remain mostly stable.
- feature/<name> - Large code changes and new features.
We follow PEP-8, the guide for python style.
Ganeti Web Manager has a fairly complete test suite. New code should have matching tests. Before committing code suite for Ganeti Web Manager and Object Permissions
./manage.py test ganeti ./manage.py test object_permissions
ViewsAll views should be thoroughly tested for security, checking to ensure that the proper http codes are returned.
- Test Anonymous User access
- Test Permission based access
- Test Superuser based access
- missing fields
- invalid data for field
- Check objects in the context: forms, lists of objects, etc.
- Check for existence of values in forms.
Patches should be attached to tickets, or may be sent via email. Both Diffs and git url+identifier are acceptable ways to submit a patch.